It's that time of year again, the time that I set goals for myself that by I will have given up on by February 1st. This year, I am really trying to take it seriously, we'll see how it goes. These goals may be a little in detail, but I have broken them down as such, so they appear much more attainable:
1. By July 1, 2008, lose 20 pounds. This breaks down to a little over 3 pounds a month (very achievable) or less than a pound a week. To do this, I will be riding the bike 3 times a week for 30 minutes, and will exercise portion control with my diet. I also would like to eat better and am going to try the 4-5 small meals a day plan for a while and see how it goes.
2. Grow spiritually by:
- spending more time studying scripture
- getting more involved in church activities, however I am called
- living in a way that is consistent with my core beliefs and values, not
the way the world expects me to
3. Keep blog and photo gallery updated often.
This may look like goals for a performance review at work, but I guess that is they way I know how to do it. I look forward to striving towards all of these goals in 2008. I will try to keep updates coming on the weight loss, heck, maybe I'll start an entirely new blog dedicated to this. Eh, who am I kidding, I won't have time to keep 2 blogs updated, can't even keep this one updated.
Anyway, happy new year, and cheers to a fresh start in 2008!
~ETM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I'm with you on two of the three, but I can't loose any more weight. I just need to get stronger and improve my endurance. Better keep us updated on progress on all counts.
Post a Comment